1. Is this your first Murph? No, last year (2016) was the first time I completed Murph.
2. If yes, what inspired you to participate this year? If no, how many times have you done Murph? I've done it once before, and I participate because I love to run miles.... just kidding, I don't. BUT I do it because it's one of the worst workouts possibly EVER! You do it completely suffering beside the entire Kingfield Community (knowing other gyms across the country are also participating) and in my opinion... its a TINY, TINY, TINY sacrifice to make to say "thanks" to those who serve/have served in the U.S. Military.
3. If you've done Murph, what do you remember most?
I vividly recall a) how hot it was last year b) the feeling of my hands starting to rip during pull-ups at round 10 of 20 c) being done and feeling overjoyed that I completed this DAUNTING workout! #bringontheBBQfoods
4. What are you most looking forward to this year for Murph?
I can't wait to see everyone else in the Kingfield Community collectively suffer - cheer each other on - and then eat a ton of food after! It's a fun day filled with so much fitness-ing, and I love being a part of it!
P.S. it's bigger than just Kingfield, gyms across the country do it - so its EXTRA cool!
5. For people who are on the fence about participating, what would you say to them?
What's the worst that can happen? We all complain about it together, we all hate running (unless you're hella weird and love it) and we're literally ALL in pain! So embrace the suck and just do it - because it's actually super fun! Bonus points: everyone else who DOESN'T do CrossFit thinks you're hella badass for completing this workout!